For ages, mustaches have been regarded as the symbol of power, strength and masculinity. In modern times, even with a lot of men shaving regularly, mustache is still famous, and is gaining popularity in men’s fashion. You may have been wearing a mustache for years. But here are 16 things you probably didn’t know about it.
- The only king without a mustache in a deck of cards is, the King of Hearts. Don’t believe it? Just check the deck of cards present in humidor, cigar humidor, cigar box, humidors, you will find that it is true.
- A mustache can balance your facial look. If you have thick hair on head, or a fat nose, you can grow a mustache to make yourself look better. Also it depends on the style as well. And preferably, you should not go for the style that makes you look funny.
- A healthy diet can improve the growth of your mustache. Eating healthy quantity of biotin, a vitamin that is known to promote hair growth, can be very helpful. For this purpose, make sure you include eggs, bananas and nuts in your diet.
- Your facial hair will not fall with aging. But beware, your mustache will most probably start turning gray before your head hair, in case you don’t become bald by that time. Facial hair show signs of aging earlier than head hair.
“You can find humidor of any size and material. They are generally made from a base trunk humidor made of wide variety of wood, including but not limited to pine, cherry, oak and cedar. Since the ancient times those humidors were made from wood and covered with leather, canvas or paper, plain or embossed tin. The “upholstering” was meant for decorative and protective purposes. The interior was covered with paper, fabric, canvas, and sometimes was divided into compartments. The handles were made either from metal or leather, and the humidors had brass locks. They also were in different styles. The main two categories were: domed and flat.”
- On an average, your facial hair grows 0.4 mm in a day. It means that in about four months, you can have a 5 cm long mustache. But for that, put the shaving equipment in your humidor, cigar humidor, cigar box, humidors, and let the mustache grow.
- Can a mustache be a romance killer? May be, because it is illegal for a man having a mustache to kiss a woman in Eureka, Nevada, USA. So make sure to have clean shave before you go there.
- Mustaches help in filtering the air while breathing. So they do have some benefit apart from looks.
- The act of grooming and growing a mustache has been given a name, Pogonotrophy.
- Men love their mustaches. On an average, a man having a mustache touches it 760 times a day.
- Mustaches can make a man look attractive. A recent study showed that most women find men with mustaches more masculine, strong and sophisticated.
- Facial hair contains a different type of pigmentation than other body hair. So it is very possible that your mustache has a different color and texture than your head hair.
- In older films, thin, pointed and twisted at ends type of mustaches were the best choice to give an evil look to the villain.
- In India, in the state of Madhya Pradesh, policemen with mustaches are paid higher than those without it. They believe that having a mustache commands authority, power and respect.
- Every year the month of November is celebrated as the Mustache November (Movember). During this month, men all over the world grow their mustache to bring awareness towards testicular and prostate cancer.
- Mustaches are known to grow faster than any other body hair type. Also their growth rate is higher during summer and spring time. But make sure you have necessary facial hair care products in your personal wooden trunk box. Just like head hair, facial hair also need care and nutrition.
- On an average, a man wastes about five months of his life on shaving, assuming that he starts doing it at the age of 14.
After reading the above things, hopefully you are feeling proud of your mustache by now.
“The domed humidor had high-arched lids that came in a variety of shapes – camel-back, hump-back, barrel-top, etc. In ancient times during the journeys flat-top humidors were usually at the bottom of the pile of humidor because of their flat surface. It was known that the domed humidors were generally owned by wealthy people, as the domed humidors were put on top of other humidors. Hey, wouldn’t it be good to own one of those domed humidors? Also, there were smaller sizes, which were known as “lady humidors”, due to their size and light weight.”
For a good understanding of taking care of your brand new humidor watch this video: